Sandymount, Dublin 4
Nestled in the vibrant neighbourhood of Sandymount, Pete's restaurant is known for its exceptional dining experience and welcoming ambiance. We pride ourselves on serving delectable dishes that showcase creativity and quality, all while providing top-notch customer service.
Role and Responsibilities: As a Line Cook, you will play a crucial role in our kitchen operations. Your responsibilities will include:
- Food Preparation: Execute daily food prep tasks to ensure a seamless service during peak hours.
- Cooking: Prepare a variety of dishes following established recipes and presentation standards.
- Station Management: Handle your assigned station efficiently, coordinating with the kitchen team to ensure timely order execution.
- Quality Control: Maintain the highest standards of food quality, taste, and presentation.
- Sanitation: Adhere to food safety and hygiene standards, keeping your workspace clean and organised.
- Collaboration: Work closely with fellow cooks, chefs, and kitchen staff to create a harmonious and productive kitchen environment.
- Proven experience as a Line Cook or similar role in a fast-paced restaurant setting.
- Knowledge of various cooking techniques, kitchen equipment, and food safety practices.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet high-volume demands while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with the kitchen team.
- Passion for culinary excellence and a creative approach to food preparation.
- Competitive salary and opportunities for career growth.
- Exposure to a dynamic kitchen environment that encourages skill development.
- Chance to contribute your culinary expertise to a popular restaurant in Sandymount.
If you're a dedicated cook with a flair for delivering exceptional flavours, we invite you to join our team and be part of the culinary magic at our restaurant. Apply now to embark on a flavorful journey with us!
Job might you like
Finns of Chelsea is a long-established gourmet food shop and catering business, based on the lively and foodie Chelsea Green. We are seeking a passionate and personable Cook to join our small but busy delicatessen kitchen; the role combines daily cooking for the shop with occasional event canapés, picnics and parties.
The ideal candidate must have a professional cooking qualification and ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a commercial kitchen and/or fast paced catering environment. You must be a quick-learner, hard-worker and flexible to complement our existing team. The main ingredient we are looking for is a keen Cook who is interested in seasonal food, who is naturally organised and has a friendly, confident, and professional disposition. There is plenty of scope to make the role your own, and the freedom to bring fresh ideas to the table.
Whilst predominantly in the kitchen, you will also be expected to spend time serving in the shop forming relationships with customers; learning the tills as well as how to make a famous Finns coffee; answering the telephone; taking orders and meeting and helping clients plan their parties.
- Full-time, permanent position, Monday to Friday (7.30 am – 4.30 pm).
- One Saturday per month, 8.00 am – 4.00 pm.
- Salary from £30,000 gross per annum (dependent on experience).
- Benefits include lovely daytime hours; daily lunch and coffee; external evening and weekend events paid in addition; pension scheme enrolment and 25 days paid annual leave.
Sandymount, Dublin 4
Join our culinary team at Pete’s and bring your passion for crafting delicious pizzas to life. Responsibilities include preparing high-quality pizza dough, selecting fresh ingredients, operating pizza ovens, and ensuring a consistent, top-notch dining experience. Attention to detail, creativity, and a love for the art of pizza-making are essential. If you’re ready to create mouthwatering masterpieces, apply now!
Events and Hospitality Manager
Westerham, United Kingdom
Squerryes Winery is a prestigious and award-winning winery located in the heart of Westerham, United Kingdom. Known for its exceptional sparkling wines, picturesque vineyards, and luxurious dining experiences, Squerryes Winery offers a unique blend of elegance, quality, and tradition. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as an Events Coordinator and Restaurant Service Specialist.
As the Events Coordinator and Restaurant Service Specialist at Squerryes Winery, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring that our guests have memorable experiences. You will be responsible for coordinating and executing events, assisting in restaurant service, and managing customer emails and bookings. Your attention to detail, exceptional customer service skills, and organisational prowess will contribute to the success of our winery.
1. Event Coordination:
- Plan, organise, and execute various events, including weddings, corporate gatherings, and private parties.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs and preferences, ensuring that each event is tailored to their specifications.
- Coordinate with internal teams, such as catering, decor, and audiovisual, to ensure seamless event execution.
- Oversee event logistics, including setup, coordination of staff, and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Ensure events are executed in line with Squerryes Winery’s high standards and guest expectations.
2. Restaurant Service:
- Assist in restaurant service during peak periods, including taking orders, serving food and beverages, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of our wine offerings and menu items to provide recommendations and answer guest questions.
- Collaborate with the kitchen and waitstaff to ensure timely and accurate food service.
- Handle guest inquiries and requests professionally and promptly.
3. Customer Emails and Bookings:
- Manage incoming customer inquiries via email, phone, or online reservation systems.
- Assist customers with booking reservations, providing information about the winery’s offerings, and addressing any special requests.
- Maintain an organised booking system, ensuring accuracy and efficient use of available seating and event spaces.
- Send confirmation emails and follow-up communications to guests.
- Previous experience in event coordination and restaurant service is highly desirable.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service orientation with a friendly and professional demeanour.
- Knowledge of wine and fine dining etiquette is a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Enthusiasm for the wine and hospitality industry.