Dunboyne, Co Meath
Job Title: Sous Chef
Location: Dunboyne, Ireland
About Us: a charming and cosy cafe nestled in the heart of Dunboyne. We pride ourselves on creating a warm and inviting atmosphere where our guests can enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals and exceptional service. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented and passionate Sous Chef to join our culinary team and support our Head Chef in delivering an outstanding dining experience.
Collaborative Cooking: Work closely with the Head Chef to plan, prepare, and execute a diverse menu that reflects our commitment to quality and innovation.
Menu Development: Contribute creative ideas to menu development, incorporating seasonal and local ingredients to enhance the overall dining experience.
Kitchen Management: Assist in the overall management of the kitchen, ensuring a smooth and efficient operation. Supervise kitchen staff to maintain high standards of cleanliness and organization.
Quality Control: Uphold the highest standards of food quality, presentation, and taste. Conduct regular tastings and inspections to ensure consistency.
Training and Development: Support the training and development of kitchen staff, fostering a positive and collaborative working environment.
Ordering and Inventory: Work with the Head Chef to manage kitchen inventory, monitor stock levels, and place orders as needed to maintain a well-stocked and efficient kitchen.
Adherence to Health and Safety Standards: Ensure strict adherence to health and safety guidelines, including food hygiene and sanitation practices.
Customer Interaction: Occasionally interact with customers to gather feedback and ensure their dining experience meets or exceeds expectations.
Proven experience as a Sous Chef or in a similar role.
Culinary degree or equivalent experience.
Strong knowledge of culinary techniques, kitchen management, and menu development.
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent communication and leadership skills.
Passion for creating exceptional food experiences.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Staff discounts
- Positive and supportive work environment
If you are a skilled and motivated Sous Chef looking to contribute to the success of a cosy cafe in Dunboyne, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €15.00-€16.00 per hour
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dunboyne, CO. Meath: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Job might you like
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Griolladh are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supervisor to join our team at a well-established cafe. As a Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the cafe and providing excellent customer service. This is a high-performance role that requires strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to our customers.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the cafe, including scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring expenses and revenues, and ordering supplies.
- Hire, train, and onboard new wait staff and baristas, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to provide exceptional service.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment to maintain consistency and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies as needed, such as takeaway cups, coffee, milk, and other ingredients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Stay updated on industry trends and customer preferences to add new menu items based on seasonality and customer demand.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all areas of the cafe are clean, tidy, and presentable to create a welcoming environment for customers.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost the cafe’s reputation.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within the food and beverage industry, preferably in a cafe or restaurant setting.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff and customers.
- Knowledge of drinks preparation and coffee equipment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Ayrefield, Dublin 13
O'Toole's GAA, Ayrfield, Dublin 13 wish to recruit an individual experienced in the bar trade as bar manager. The bar manager will be responsible for the operational management of all aspects of the club bar.
The club bar opens on Thursday to Sunday with deliveries on Wednesday morning. The main duties include :
• Hire, supervise and support part time bar staff.
• Manage staff roster.
• Monitor bar facilities.
• Identify and increase activities in the bar
• Reconciliation and accounting of cash registers and EFTPOS.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction with service and resolving issues when they arise.
• Managing stock control activities.
• Health and safety
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
As a self-employed delivery driver, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the efficient and timely delivery of goods to customers or businesses. Your primary responsibilities will include picking up items from restaurants, stores, or other locations and delivering them to specified destinations. This role requires a strong sense of responsibility, time management skills, and the ability to work independently.
Safely operate a delivery vehicle (car, van, bike, or motorcycle) to transport goods to designated locations.
Plan routes efficiently to minimise travel time and fuel consumption. Adhere to all traffic laws and regulations, ensuring safe driving practices at all times.
Goods Handling: Carefully load and unload goods, ensuring their safety and integrity during transit. Verify the accuracy of deliveries by matching them to order forms or invoices. Handle fragile or perishable items with extra care.
Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service by being polite, professional, and respectful during interactions with customers. Address customer inquiries or concerns courteously and promptly.
Vehicle Maintenance: Ensure the regular maintenance and cleanliness of your delivery vehicle.
Time Management: Manage your schedule efficiently to meet delivery deadlines. Communicate any delays or issues that may affect delivery times to customers or dispatch.
Safety: Follow safety protocols and guidelines, including the proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE) if required. Practise safe driving habits and report any accidents or incidents immediately.
Self-Employment Responsibilities: Maintain your own vehicle or equipment and cover related expenses. Manage your finances, including tracking income, expenses, and taxes. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to self-employment and delivery services.
Valid driver’s licence.
Reliable and properly maintained vehicle.
Strong sense of responsibility and punctuality.
Excellent time management and organisational skills.
Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
Please note that as a self-employed delivery driver, you will be responsible for your own taxes, insurance, and other financial considerations.
It’s essential to comply with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements for self-employment in your area.