Charlemont, Dublin 2
Job Title: Sous Chef Restaurant: Krewe 2.0
Location: Charlemont, Dublin City Centre
Position Overview: Krewe 2.0, a brand-new restaurant, is seeking a highly motivated and talented Sous Chef to join our culinary team. As a Sous Chef, you will play a crucial role in assisting the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen operations, from menu creation to food preparation and staff management. We are looking for an experienced, creative, and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about delivering exceptional food and ensuring a smooth kitchen operation.
Culinary Leadership:Collaborate with the Head Chef to plan and develop seasonal menus, incorporating creative and innovative dishes that align with the restaurant's concept. Oversee food preparation, ensuring high-quality standards are maintained at all times. Execute recipes and dishes to the highest standards of consistency and taste.
Kitchen Operations:Supervise and coordinate the kitchen staff, including line cooks, prep cooks, and kitchen helpers. Train and mentor kitchen team members to ensure consistent and efficient food production. Ensure proper portion control and food presentation in line with the restaurant's standards.
Inventory and Cost Control:Assist in managing kitchen inventory, ordering supplies, and monitoring food costs. Minimize food wastage and maintain accurate records of inventory and production. Help in evaluating supplier options to maintain quality while controlling costs.
Food Safety and Sanitation:Enforce and maintain the highest standards of food safety, cleanliness, and hygiene in the kitchen. Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations, including HACCP guidelines. Assist in conducting regular kitchen inspections to identify and resolve issues promptly.
Menu Development and Specials:Contribute to menu development by suggesting seasonal specials and new dishes. Experiment with ingredients, flavors, and presentation to continuously improve and innovate the restaurant's offerings.
Proven experience as a Sous Chef in a high-end or fine-dining restaurant.
Culinary degree or equivalent culinary education is a plus.
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate the kitchen team effectively.
Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
In-depth knowledge of kitchen operations, including food preparation, cooking techniques, and equipment.
Understanding of food costing, inventory management, and cost control.
Familiarity with health and safety regulations, including HACCP guidelines.
Creativity and passion for cooking, with the ability to create and execute unique dishes.
Availability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
If you're a culinary professional with a passion for creating exceptional dining experiences and have a strong desire to grow your career in a vibrant and dynamic restaurant, we encourage you to apply for the Sous Chef position at Krewe. Join our team and help us elevate the culinary standards of our restaurant. We offer competitive compensation, growth opportunities, and a supportive working environment.
To apply, please submit your resume, a cover letter detailing your relevant experience, and any references that can speak to your skills and qualifications as a Sous Chef at Krewe 2.0.
Job might you like
Mad Egg Group - Kitchen Team Member
Kitchen Team Member
Your mission if you choose to accept it:
Do you want to help us to become the number one chicken joint in Ireland? In order to reach that goal, we need to deliver awesome food and experiences to our customers day in day out.
But we can’t do it alone, we need some amazing people to help us…and that could be you!
As a Kitchen Team Member you will play a key role in helping us to deliver the delicious dishes that we are known and loved for.
At any given time, you might be:
- Helping prepare and set up our kitchens for service.
- Cooking food the Mad Egg way (fast, fresh and downright delicious) for our awesome guests
- Helping us maintain our super high cleaning and service standards (if we want to be #1 then we’ve got to act like it!)
- Get to know and work with super sound team members both in the kitchen and on the restaurant floor.
If you want to work in a fast-paced, fun environment with some amazing people, then keep reading because you’ll have a great time as a Kitchen Team Member.
We don’t always look for years of kitchen experience, but we do look for some key traits in our team members:
- A customer service mindset. We want to be known for providing the best experiences to our guests - it’s key for us that you are customer obsessed too.
- Problem solvers. Not a day goes by without a challenge in hospitality! Our team members need to be able to take it in their stride and look for solutions with a level head.
- Team players. We have the best people, there is no doubt about it. They are at the best because they care about each other and look after each other. Not to forget, have the craic together!!
We are in the people business. We strive to be a deadly employer and an awesome place to work. We know that if our teams are happy and well looked after then our customers will be too.
We offer an opportunity to build a career with a fast growing and ambitious hospitality brand.
We promise to give you the tools and the time needed to grow and develop with us.
Here's what's on offer on top of our competitive pay:
20 days holidays including
10 Bank Holiday entitlements
Paid day off for Birthday
100% of Tips shared between the team
50% family discount Monday to Thursday
Staff meal per shift worked
Regular team events and get togethers
25th & 26th of December off
Increased holiday entitlements after 3 and 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €11.40-€12.00 per hour
- Food allowance
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dundrum, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
View public job page
Finns of Chelsea is a long-established gourmet food shop and catering business, based on the lively and foodie Chelsea Green. We are seeking a passionate and personable Cook to join our small but busy delicatessen kitchen; the role combines daily cooking for the shop with occasional event canapés, picnics and parties.
The ideal candidate must have a professional cooking qualification and ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience within a commercial kitchen and/or fast paced catering environment. You must be a quick-learner, hard-worker and flexible to complement our existing team. The main ingredient we are looking for is a keen Cook who is interested in seasonal food, who is naturally organised and has a friendly, confident, and professional disposition. There is plenty of scope to make the role your own, and the freedom to bring fresh ideas to the table.
Whilst predominantly in the kitchen, you will also be expected to spend time serving in the shop forming relationships with customers; learning the tills as well as how to make a famous Finns coffee; answering the telephone; taking orders and meeting and helping clients plan their parties.
- Full-time, permanent position, Monday to Friday (7.30 am – 4.30 pm).
- One Saturday per month, 8.00 am – 4.00 pm.
- Salary from £30,000 gross per annum (dependent on experience).
- Benefits include lovely daytime hours; daily lunch and coffee; external evening and weekend events paid in addition; pension scheme enrolment and 25 days paid annual leave.
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Griolladh are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supervisor to join our team at a well-established cafe. As a Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the cafe and providing excellent customer service. This is a high-performance role that requires strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to our customers.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the cafe, including scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring expenses and revenues, and ordering supplies.
- Hire, train, and onboard new wait staff and baristas, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to provide exceptional service.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment to maintain consistency and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies as needed, such as takeaway cups, coffee, milk, and other ingredients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Stay updated on industry trends and customer preferences to add new menu items based on seasonality and customer demand.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all areas of the cafe are clean, tidy, and presentable to create a welcoming environment for customers.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost the cafe’s reputation.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within the food and beverage industry, preferably in a cafe or restaurant setting.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff and customers.
- Knowledge of drinks preparation and coffee equipment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends and holidays.