Sandymount, Dublin 4
Petes are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supervisor to join a team at a well-established cafe.
As a Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the cafe and providing excellent customer service. This is a high-performance role that requires strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to the customers.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the cafe, including scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring expenses and revenues, and ordering supplies.
- Hire, train, and onboard new wait staff and baristas, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to provide exceptional service.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment to maintain consistency and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies as needed, such as takeaway cups, coffee, milk, and other ingredients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Stay updated on industry trends and customer preferences to add new menu items based on seasonality and customer demand.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all areas of the cafe are clean, tidy, and presentable to create a welcoming environment for customers.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost the cafe's reputation.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within the food and beverage industry, preferably in a cafe or restaurant setting.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff and customers.
- Knowledge of drinks preparation and coffee equipment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Job might you like
Front of House
Charlottes Way, Dublin 2
Job Title: Front of House Team Member
Location: Charlottes Way, Dublin
Job Type: Full-time
About Us: A dynamic and customer-focused establishment committed to delivering an outstanding dining experience. Located in the heart of Dublin, our restaurant prides itself on excellent service, delectable cuisine, and a welcoming atmosphere. We are currently seeking enthusiastic individuals to join our Front of House team and contribute to the success of our establishment.
Position Overview: As a Front of House Team Member, you will be an essential part of our customer service team, responsible for creating a positive and memorable experience for our guests. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring smooth operations in the dining area, handling guest interactions, and contributing to the overall success of our restaurant.
Customer Service:Greet and welcome guests with a warm and friendly demeanor.
Provide detailed information about the menu, including specials and recommendations.
Address guest inquiries, concerns, and special requests with professionalism and courtesy.
Order Management:Efficiently take and process customer orders using our POS system.
Collaborate with kitchen and bar staff to ensure timely preparation and delivery of orders.
Monitor and manage table turnover to optimize the guest experience.
Dining Area Maintenance:Maintain a clean and organized dining area, including table setup, clearing, and resetting.
Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations and uphold high cleanliness standards.
Team Collaboration:Work closely with colleagues to create a cohesive and efficient Front of House team.
Communicate effectively with kitchen and bar staff to facilitate smooth operations.
Opening and Closing Procedures:Assist in opening and closing duties, including cash handling and reconciliation.
Contribute to maintaining an organized and well-prepared environment for daily operations.
Previous experience in a customer service or Front of House role is preferred.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure.
Basic math skills for order processing and transaction handling.
Team-oriented with a positive and proactive attitude.
Flexibility in scheduling, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter. Please include relevant details about your experience and explain why you would be a valuable addition to our Front of House team.
ODD - Operations & Warehouse Lead (Full-time)
Chalgrove, Oxfordshire (OX44 7RQ)
ODD - Operations & Warehouse Lead (Full-time)
We are looking for an energetic, organised and personable Operations & Warehouse Lead to help manage ODD’s warehouse operations, product logistics and customer deliveries. Reporting into Minnie, our Sales and Operations Director, you will be hands-on from day one, as a key member of our (very!) small team.
ODD manages all of its customer deliveries in-house, so you will be responsible for ensuring that customers receive products on time and without faults. The role is based in ODD’s warehouse and headquarters in Oxfordshire, with a considerable amount of time spent on the road and daily interaction with ODD’s customers. You will therefore be a key representative of the ODD brand and help to maintain our reputation of exceptional, personalised customer service.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a small, growing business and to take on considerable responsibility from the get-go. The role has potential, for the right person, to progress to Operations Manager and ultimately to oversee all of ODD’s logistics, warehouse and product operations.
ODD is best known for our ‘Old Rocker’, a fully upholstered swinging garden sofa, designed and made in the UK, and we are slowly expanding our furniture and fabrics range. Our rockers are handmade to order in limited runs by our team in England, each is completely unique, and offers unrivalled luxury and comfort for garden-dwelling.
As our name might suggest, we’re not a typical company. We’re family-run and driven by delivering exceptional products and service, rather than chasing profits. If a 9-to-5 desk job working for the man isn’t for you, but varied and stimulating work on your feet surrounded by lovely people and beautiful products is, then we’d love to hear from you.
● Managing ODD customer orders and deliveries, as well as product logistics
● Liaising with and collecting from the ODD team based near Derby
● Warehouse and stock management
● Supporting the Sales and Operations Director on new business initiatives, projects and events
● Full-time position based in Chalgrove, Oxfordshire, with willingness and ability to drive nationwide (but no overnight stays required)
● Full, clean UK driving licence held for 2+ years
● Age 21+ (to be insurable on company van)
Skills & Attributes:
● Good communicator who can form and maintain relationships with suppliers and partners, as well as to represent ODD in a customer-facing capacity
● Excellent attention to detail and time management
● Self-motivated to get on with tasks without supervision and be proactive in suggesting ways to improve ODD’s operational processes
● Willingness to spend time in the ODD van delivering and installing garden furniture across England & Wales during busy sales periods
● Hands-on ‘doer’ adept at solving practical problem, with the ability to work with standard tools and to lift heavy items
● Role is based at the ODD warehouse in Chalgrove, Oxfordshire (OX44 7RQ)
● Use of company van
● Competitive salary offered
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Chef de Partie
Charlemont, Dublin 2
Job Title: Senior Chef de Partie
Location: Charlemont, Dublin City Centre, Krewe 2.0
About New Restaurant Krewe: New Restaurant Krewe 2.0 is an exciting and innovative dining establishment that combines traditional and contemporary culinary techniques to deliver a unique and memorable dining experience. With a focus on high-quality ingredients and creative flavors, our restaurant is dedicated to providing our guests with an exceptional dining journey. We are looking for a talented Senior Chef de Partie to join our team and contribute to our vision of culinary excellence.
Position Summary:As a Senior Chef de Partie at New Restaurant Krewe 2.0, you will play a pivotal role in our kitchen brigade. You will work closely with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to ensure the highest standards of food quality and presentation. Your primary responsibilities will include preparing, cooking, and finishing dishes, as well as supervising and mentoring junior chefs to maintain a smooth and efficient kitchen operation.
Execute and oversee the preparation of dishes in your designated section with precision and creativity, ensuring that the highest culinary standards are met.
Train, guide, and supervise junior chefs and commis chefs to ensure consistency and quality in food production.
Maintain a clean and organized work area, complying with all food safety and sanitation regulations.
Collaborate with the Head Chef and Sous Chef to develop and refine menu items, ensuring they are executed to perfection.
Assist in inventory management, including stock rotation, ordering, and minimizing waste.
Contribute to the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for the kitchen.
Uphold the kitchen's high standards of hygiene, safety, and cleanliness.
Monitor the quality and freshness of ingredients, reporting any concerns to the Sous Chef.
Assist with menu planning and special event preparation when required.
Proven experience as a Chef de Partie in a high-end or fine dining establishment.
Culinary degree or equivalent certification is preferred.
Strong knowledge of culinary techniques and a passion for creativity in the kitchen.
Proficient in food handling, food safety, and sanitation practices.
Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
Ability to handle high-pressure situations and maintain composure during busy service periods.
A dedication to maintaining the highest standards of food quality and presentation.
Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Competitive salary and potential for performance-based bonuses.
Opportunities for career advancement within the restaurant.
Employee discounts on dining and special events.
A supportive and collaborative work environment.
Ongoing training and development opportunities to enhance your culinary skills.
If you are a talented and ambitious Chef de Partie with a passion for creating exceptional culinary experiences, we invite you to join the New Restaurant Krewe 2.0 team. Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and qualifications to [email address].
New Restaurant Krewe is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.