The Happiness Cartel is an established and growing independent company with two beautiful businesses on the Cornish coast; @thegodolphin and @surftheunicorn as well as neighbourhood restaurant and cocktail bar @pedlergoodfortune in south east London.
We will shortly we are opening our new business ‘Shutters’ at the foot of the Canada Tower, Canary Wharf and we are looking for dynamic, experienced professionals to join us on this next stage of our adventure.
Whilst we are a small (ish) company we’re growing quickly and can always offer development for those who would like to progress.
The HC is run by a team who live and love hospitality, We view our team as family so its super important to us that the people we employ enjoy coming to work with us. We pay well and enjoy what we do and, as a Cornish company, we can offer you summer roles beachside should you fancy it.
Fresh from the rugged Cornish Coast to the beautiful hub of global business, Shutters Canary Wharf focusses on our connection with beautiful Cornish produce straight from her coast and fields and prepared, cooked and inspired by the vibrant sun-soaked living of California.
Opening in the new Conran, hotel-styled ground floor of One Canada Square, Shutters is an ever evolving restaurant and bar, open each day for brunch from 8 to 11am, all day dining from noon to 10pm, plus proper roasts on Sundays.
We are looking for a team of high energy, experienced waiting staff to join our family, you must have previous experience in a similar role & be able to hit the ground running. This is a very hands-on role & a passion for people, food, wine & cocktails are an absolute must.
Job might you like
Charlemont, Dublin 2
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Location: Krewe 2.0, Charlemont Dublin 2
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
About Krewe 2.0: Krewe 2.0 is an exciting and innovative restaurant, offering a modern twist on traditional Creole and Cajun cuisine. Our culinary team is dedicated to creating memorable dining experiences for our guests. We are looking for a motivated and reliable Kitchen Porter to join our team and help us maintain a clean and organized kitchen environment.
Job Description: As a Kitchen Porter at Krewe 2.0, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our kitchen. You will work closely with the kitchen staff and management to maintain cleanliness, hygiene, and order in the kitchen. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Dishwashing: Ensure all kitchen utensils, dishes, and cookware are cleaned and sanitized promptly to maintain a smooth workflow in the kitchen.
Cleaning and Sanitizing: Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen, including work surfaces, equipment, and storage areas. Follow sanitation and hygiene protocols diligently.
Garbage Disposal: Properly handle and dispose of kitchen waste and garbage, adhering to waste management guidelines.
Assisting Kitchen Staff: Support the kitchen team by helping with food prep, stocking supplies, and following instructions from chefs and cooks.
Organization: Keep the kitchen organized and ensure all items are stored in their designated places for easy access.
Compliance: Adhere to health and safety regulations and company policies to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
Flexibility: Be ready to perform a variety of tasks as required and assist with special projects and tasks as assigned by the kitchen management.
Previous experience as a Kitchen Porter or in a similar role is a plus, but not required.
Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining cleanliness and hygiene.
Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced kitchen environment.
Team player with strong communication skills.
Ability to lift heavy objects and stand for extended periods.
Knowledge of basic food safety and sanitation practices is beneficial.
Opportunity to work in a dynamic and innovative restaurant.
On-the-job training and development.
A supportive and friendly team environment.
If you are a hardworking and dedicated individual with a passion for maintaining a clean and organized kitchen, we would love to hear from you. Join Krewe 2.0 and be a part of our mission to deliver exceptional dining experiences. Apply today to start your journey with us.
Dublin City Centre, Dublin
Griolladh are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Supervisor to join our team at a well-established cafe. As a Supervisor, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth day-to-day operations of the cafe and providing excellent customer service. This is a high-performance role that requires strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences to our customers.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the cafe, including scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring expenses and revenues, and ordering supplies.
- Hire, train, and onboard new wait staff and baristas, ensuring they are equipped with the necessary skills to provide exceptional service.
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment to maintain consistency and quality.
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies as needed, such as takeaway cups, coffee, milk, and other ingredients.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of daily, weekly, and monthly revenues and expenses.
- Stay updated on industry trends and customer preferences to add new menu items based on seasonality and customer demand.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service.
- Ensure all areas of the cafe are clean, tidy, and presentable to create a welcoming environment for customers.
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost the cafe’s reputation.
- Previous experience in a supervisory role within the food and beverage industry, preferably in a cafe or restaurant setting.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with staff and customers.
- Knowledge of drinks preparation and coffee equipment.
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Mad Egg Group - General Manager
Dublin City Centre
Restaurant General Manager
Your mission if you choose to accept it:
Do you want to help us to become the number one chicken joint in Ireland? In order to reach that goal we need to deliver awesome food and experiences to our customers day in day out.
But we can’t do it alone, we need some amazing people to help us…and that could be you!
As a General Manager you will play a key role in helping us to not only deliver great food and guest experiences but to build and maintain successful venues and restaurant teams.
At any given time, you might be:
- Developing and coaching teams through ad-hoc and structured performance reviews
- Managing and improving your restaurant’s P&L
- Budgeting and planning staffing and stock levels for the restaurant
- Reducing food waste and variances
- Leading from the front by driving high standards and productivity
- Training teams on service quality and food standards
- Recruiting, onboarding and training new team members
We don’t always look for years of management experience, but we do look for some key traits in our team members:l have a great time as a General Manager.
We don’t always look for years of management experience, but we do look for some keytraits in our team members:
A customer service mindset: We want to be known for providing the best experiences to our guests - it’s key for us that you are customer obsessed too.
Results driven: We want to grow the business (as we’ve said ��), to do that we need to ensure each venue is hitting its performance targets. Our managers have the largest impact on the financial and operational success.
Great communicators: You will lead a team of between 20-30 people. In order to ensure that the team is engaged and aligned, it is critical that you are an effective communicator.
Problem solvers: Not a day goes by without a challenge in hospitality! Our managers need to lead from the front, take it in their stride and find solutions with a level head.
Organised: There are so many moving parts to a busy restaurant. To stay on of things you will need to be hyper organised.
We are in the people business. We strive to be a deadly employer and an awesome place to work. We know that if our teams are happy and well looked after then our customers will be too.
We offer an opportunity to build a career with a fast growing and ambitious hospitality brand.We promise to give you the tools and the time needed to grow and develop with us.Here's what's on offer on top of our competitive pay:
20 days holidays
10 Bank Holiday entitlements
Paid day off for Birthday
100% of Tips
50% family discount Monday to Thursday
Staff meal per shift worked
Regular team events and get togethers
25th & 26th of December off
Increasing holiday entitlement after 2 and 5 years
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €40,000.00-€45,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance
- Store discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dublin City Centre, CO. Dublin: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person